Can cities be feminist?
An OECD Champion Mayor Inequality Matters webinar
10 MARCH 2020 16:00-17:00 CET
Drawing on OECD research and data on gender equality, this webinar explored how Champion Mayors’ cities are pursuing gender equality.
Download our March on Gender flyer.
- What does it take to have a city government prioritise gender equity and ensure equal representation in decision-making?
- What institutional mechanisms, accountability and oversight tools for gender equality and mainstreaming are cities using?
- In which areas and policy sectors have cities identified opportunities to pursue gender equality?
- What are examples of promising strategies and initiatives to empower women and how are cities measuring the impact of these efforts?
- Moderator: Aziza Akhmouch, Head of Cities, Urban Policies and Sustainable Development Division, OECD
- Gotzone Sagardui, Vice Mayor, City of Bilbao, Spain
- Councillor Helen Godwin, Cabinet Member for Women, Children and Young People for the City of Bristol, UK
- Jacqueline Ebanks, Executive Director of the Commission on Gender Equity, New York City, USA
- Discussant: David Halabisky, Policy Analyst, Inclusive Entrepreneurship, OECD
- Open Q&A